A Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Monday, August 3, 2015
Week 11: Laguna Beach Ward
Aloha Family and Friends!
This week was another good one, but it was especially good because Sister Fetui and I recommitted to work extra hard and we saw so much good come of it!
things that happened:
- I highlighted another sister missionary's hair LOL I don't know why people trust me to do stuff like that but it was fun and she didn't dye it back afterward or anything so hey!
- I went on an exchange with Sister LaFleur, my sister training leader. It was great! She was a little sick so we were at home for longer than usual but it was a chance to study extra and discuss with each other a lot! When we finally did leave the apartment, we went to see this old lady that lives in her ward and I LOVED her. I just wanted to hang out with her forever she was so great. She's a crazy artist and has way too much stuff and is so sweet! We were really there to help her organize all the craft supplies she hoards...but it was so fun. Maybe one day I'll see her again.
- At our district meeting Sister Fetui and I won a how well do you know your companion game. haha I think we just talk about dumb stuff all the time so we know random trivia facts about each other.
- We do a thing called "windows of heaven" where we plan in advance a time and place that we will be talking to people and in every prayer we say up until that time we pray that God will send those who are ready and open to learn about the gospel there at that time, so this week we had one and a park by the beach and it was awesome! We talked to every single person we passed and we met a family who was so willing to talk to us and hear what we had to say and they said they'll come to a fireside this Sunday (looking back I don't know why we didn't just invite them to church...whatever) but we're so excited! On a side note, we met some girls from Olathe- for those who don't know, that's like right next door to where I live in Kansas. I've met way more people here than I ever expected to that are from where I'm from!
- We had even more awesome contacting experiences this week. It's become clear that when we have faith and do our part (aka get out there and do all we can) that God will put people in our path who want to come closer to him. We've seen so much of that this week.
-Shawn is doing well still! Very slow progress, but she's getting there. Her son comes home from his mission in October, and we think she may be holding off until then to make any moves.
Overall things are going great! Living this missionary lifestyle is so different from anything I've done before and there's so much to learn from everything that happens. I love it. I hope you all are doing well!